Eclipse Season July 2019 Your Practical Guide
Eclipse Season July 2019 Your Practical Guide
There is a solar Eclipse on July 2, 2019 that falls in Cancer, which is also known as our security axis. This means there are many ways in which we can be left feeling insecure. This article will elucidate the differences between a solar and a lunar eclipse and highlight ways in which you could be affected for better or for worse.
Spoiler alert: all Cosmic lead change is for our ultimate benefit. Anything that is keeping us from our soul’s path, anything wasting our time or holding us back from our true calling, could be eliminated from our lives. The more rigid and attached to one way of doing something, the less open and willing one is to change the harder it will be to say, “this is just an opportunity to make room for something better to come along”.
If we see everything as total loss and destruction that is how it will feel. If one experiences change as new opportunities and new ways to grow, that is how it will feel, like a magical portal to your future self.
An eclipse occurs when either a new moon or a full moon occurs within 18 degrees of the moon’s nodes. The Moon’s Nodes are the karmic access from the past to the future and they are integrated and anchored in each present moment.
The south node is the storage vessel from all of our past lives and the north node is the portal to the current lifetime and the future potential of this lifetime. The south node is the storehouse for our emotional memory, our relationship with our parents and siblings, our emotional experiences from childhood. It is where we go by default, it is always with us and it is how we decide if a person, situation, or event feels safe to us. There is no outgrowing or getting over our south node. There is only looking to one’s north node in their birth chart to see the potential and possibilities and to get the sense where the soul would like to go in this lifetime.
As solar eclipses are super potent and magical new moons you may require repose, reflection or retreat as you set your new moon intentions. Any new moon wishes or intentions set during this portal are sure to materialize quickly providing they are within the framework for your soul’s purpose or within the themes relating to cancer.
Life is much easier, there are fewer struggles and uphill climbing when we are aligned to our soul’s true purpose. There are some fairly easy ways to find your soul’s purpose in your birth chart. Look at your North and South Nodes to tell you a little bit of a story.
What to Expect from Tuesday's Eclipse in Cancer
Tuesdays eclipse in Cancer brings us front and center to the theme of mothers and mothering-the cosmic mother-all mothers or motherhood, our family, our country, our tribe, our sanctuary our safety and security, it’s our habitual nature, our childhood, where we feel safe. Building and maintaining sanctuary is a perfect activity for Tuesday’s eclipse. As you will need it for the coming months when our systems begin to collapse.
The South Node is conjunct Saturn so we may feel the heaviness of a steel wool blanket, and we could all be feeling a bit depressed, forlorn or just feel unshakable heaviness abound. Saturn always wants us to look at maturity, aging, growing up or growing old.
One thing is for certain our systems have outgrown their usefulness as our education, religious, social, and government institutions are about to crumble. There is no building the new society before the old one is torn down.
This eclipse is asking us questions like, How do we plan to do our part to clean up and restore our planet? Where do we feel we most belong? Who is our tribe? Who shares our values? We will need our tribe to give us a sense of belonging as the past is gone and the future is yet to materialize. As these series of eclipses continue to fall on our security axis, we need to create a sense of family and belonging to increase our sense of security in the wake of potentially insecure times.
2019 Eclipses that remain
Tuesday July 2, 2019 in Cancer- this Cancer/Capricorn axis is the security axis. Cancer is emotional security and Capricorn is more financial or material. See above for more insight.
July 16th, in Capricorn
December 26th in Capricorn
January 10th. Cancer
June 5th Sagittarius
June 20 Cancer
July 5th Cancer
November 30th Gemini
December 1st Sag
What is the Difference Between a Solar and Lunar eclipse
Solar eclipses tend to create new opportunities, as bright, new possibilities tend to arise at the solar eclipse. They can bring news completely out of the blue and they are usually very exciting. A solar eclipse occurs when the moon stands between the sun and the earth, thus cutting off, or eclipsing the sun’s light.
Lunar eclipses tend to be more emotional, as they are reputed to bring on final endings to things like employment or relationships. A lunar eclipse occurs when the earth stands between the moon and the sun. In essence, the moon basically disappears.
An eclipse occurs when either a new moon or a full moon occurs within 18 degrees of the moon’s nodes. The luminaries, the sun or the moon, are near the nodes. The Moon’s Nodes are the karmic access from the past to the future and they are integrated and anchored in each present moment by the moon. The south node is the storage vessel from all of our past lives and the north node is the portal to the future or current lifetime, the south node is our emotional memory, our relationship with our parents and siblings, our emotional experiences from childhood. It is where we go by default. The work is to find the current natal moon and synthesize it with new experiences Moon is our most conscious part, is this a safe place for me? We move forward to emotional impulses.
What Events Can You Expect to Happen During an Eclipse?
Life’s biggest events coincide with an eclipse. It could be a marriage, engagement, pregnancy or birth, a big promotion, the launch of a product or start of a business venture. Regardless of what occurs, it will be more than apparent that the Universe intends for you to be on an upward, or forward trajectory. It means you are walking through the threshold of a new doorway signaling the close of another.
- Eclipses assert something must come to an end for a new venture to begin. It’s all about cutting away the old, dead-or-dying-on -the-vine-energy so new growth or new life can occur. A door shuts, never to be reopened with an eclipse. You can never go back to an old situation because the Cosmos wants you to progress forward, never backward. Furthermore, the changes that eclipses accompany can happen either instantaneously or they could be broken down into chunks over a period of time.
- Eclipses happen in pairs usually and occur in a series bringing forth an energy signature with them. In 2019 the majority of eclipses happen on the Capricorn/Cancer axis. This is male/female, public life/home life, outside authority/family authority or the father/mother. The gestation period enabling the situation ushered in by the eclipse has a life cycle of about 18-24 months.
- Treat the eclipse period much like a Venus or Mercury retrograde, slow down, disconnect and retreat, retire early, resort to a relaxing and less frantic pace of life. Do not try to pack in too much. Get your planner out and set time aside for self-care and reflection during an eclipse. Keep an eclipse journal to really get the feel for how the eclipses are making changes in your life.
- It is very possible someone or something could be “eclipsed” out of your life and the circumstances will seem out of your control. This will be especially true if it’s a solar eclipse. The Sun in our chart represents a prominent male figure. Perhaps you will find that you are replacing a friend who happens to be a male colleague in an esteemed and elevated position at work.
- Expect an eclipse to abruptly change the direction of your life’s path if it falls within 6 degrees of your sun, moon or personal planets. The personal planets are the Moon, Venus, Mars & Mercury. An example if the eclipse falls in your 10thhouse of career and public life and you have had a struggling business you are considering walking away from you may suddenly find success and notoriety from the media to go with it.
- Try not to make major decisions during an eclipse gateway. Don’t decide on divorcing your spouse or signing up for grad school and taking out student loans, do not start new ventures or sign important contracts. Also, it’s not a time to give ultimatums to those close to you. So no telling the spouse the next time “this happens I will move out and file for divorce” or things of that nature.
- You may feel out of control emotionally. This is especially true for eclipses that are lunar full moon. Therefore, know that you may be slightly impaired in the decision-making department. Don’t agree to let your ex-boyfriend move back in with you even though he promises to get a job this time. Always try and stall and get used to saying, “I am going to have to get back to you on that.”
- Remember, an eclipse is neither all good nor all bad. If you feel as if you have been under the control of a merciless and punishing god, remember that there is almost always Part II. If something or someone has been sucked into the vortex and removed from your life remember that it’s most likely an upgrade. Be patient and remain willing and childlike in your anticipation of finding out what indeed the upgrade is. Remember, the eclipse season is a heavily fated and karmic time, it is all for the growth and development of your soul.
- Any downloads you receive or any news that is delivered to you take note. It is possible to divert your course of action and to avoid disaster by staying alert and taking note of any messages that come to you during eclipse time. If it isn’t clear at the moment, by the time the next pair of eclipses rolls around 6 months later it will be clear to you. Again, keep a journal of any messages or downloads so you have something to reference the next time eclipse season is imminent.
- Anytime an eclipse occurs in your sun sign’s element they are generally helpful and easy. I am a Pisces which is a water sign, so if an eclipse happens in Scorpio or Cancer, it will be my day. The 2019 series of eclipses are happening in Capricorn an earth sign (Taurus, Capricorn, and Virgo) and Cancer (water sign Pisces, Cancer, Scorpio) and Leo a fire sign (Aries, Leo, Sagittarius) and the air signs consist of Gemini, Libra, and Aquarius.
- To leave you on a hopeful note let me remind you, we all incarnated here to learn and grow. Our souls are here to evolve and without change, there is no growth. Evolve and grow or go, as I have heard it said. Our biology always has us striving for homeostasis. By not remaining homeostatic our brains signal to us that we are in the survive, not thrive zone. Our brain’s job is to keep us alive, but our soul’s job is to evolve through change. With that said, eclipses will help you do things you never imagined possible. They show us that we are capable than so much more than we give ourselves credit for. You could find yourself a published author, or you may be offered your dream job that you never even bothered applying for. As I said, eclipses open doors, even those doors that seemed bolted shut, so no need to waste too much time suffering, look for the positive outcome.